By Doug Donnelly, email@example.com
OTTAWA LAKE — Whiteford Township won’t be moving its polling location after all.
In December, township officials voted to move its polling place from St. Michael Lutheran Church to the Michigan International Resource Park, the same site as the township offices.
Clerk Angie Christensen informed the state board of elections of the proposed move, which township officials said made sense because the voting could be held in the same location that the voting equipment will be stored.
That’s when the state balked about the move.
“We are not allowed to move the polling place to a privately-owned building when we have St. Michael that is willing to let us use their facility,” Supervisor Walter Ruhl said.
“I guess we have no choice,” Ms. Christensen said. “It’s back to the church.”
The township has two voting precincts but all voting takes place in one location.
- Bobcats drop openers
- OTTAWA LAKE POST OFFICE MEETING
- Siena Heights tourney: Madison loses late lead to LCS
- Township board news
- Deputies may fill in township hall hours
- Sewer – and now water – projects move forward
- Lake passes 800 in 74-47 win
- Kiefer again comes through in clutch for Bobcats
- Varsity doubleheader tonight
- Bobcats beat Summerfield, 57-25