The Engineers Without Borders student chapter at the University of Toledo will host a 5K run/walk in Ottawa Lake March 31.
The group will host the event at the Michigan Technical Resource Park, 8000 Yankee Rd., Ottawa Lake, which is the former Dana test track facility.
The Building Bridges 5K is oepn to anyone. Registration is $20 with race day sign-ups starting at 8 a.m. with the race starting at 10.
Funds raised from the event will go toward building a pedestrian brdige in Los Sanchez, Honduras.
EWB is a humanitarian, nonprofit organization that partners students and professionals with developing world communities to collaborate and create solutions such as safe drinking water, sanitation, transportation or energy.
Los Sanchez is a village of about 180 people, located in a remote area that is often isolated during the rainy season.
- Bobcats drop openers
- OTTAWA LAKE POST OFFICE MEETING
- Siena Heights tourney: Madison loses late lead to LCS
- Township board news
- Deputies may fill in township hall hours
- Sewer – and now water – projects move forward
- Lake passes 800 in 74-47 win
- Kiefer again comes through in clutch for Bobcats
- Varsity doubleheader tonight
- Bobcats beat Summerfield, 57-25